Internal Medicine Jobs in Washington
Tuesday · December 11, 2018
1 Job in The Evergreen State
Photo: Yachts docked at Elliott Bay in downtown Seattle.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job is from a hospital-owned practice.
- A one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education.
- First and Foremost: United States Citizenship Required Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a hometown feel.
- Supervisory positions will lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
- Supervisory positions will exercise independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
- Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
- World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts.
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada.
- Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier.
- Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States.
- Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Washington.
- In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Residency Training for GP-14 Positions: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Internal Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years.
- Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Supervisory positions will examine, diagnose, prevent and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care.
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for patients according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, Army policy, and relevant regulations.
- This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Residency Training for GP-15 Positions: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Internal Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years.
- Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.
- Provide long-term comprehensive care managing both common and complex illnesses.
- Items of Interest: Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce Madigan Army Medical Center Joint Base Lewis McChord.
This perm job opening was posted
3 days ago